At Bowe Dental Clinics we want to assure you that the safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority and all standard and upgraded precautions we are taking ensure we are providing dental services in the safest way possible. We wish to reassure patients that even though our uniforms, gowns and masks may have changed we are still the same people underneath. We intend to continue to care for you and sort out your dental problems in a timely and caring way.
All our dentists & nurses have been trained to a very high standard and already follow stringent infection control precautions as a matter of course during normal day to day operations in the clinic. In addition to this our clinics are adhering strictly to the guidance from the HSE & HSPC in managing dental service in the context of Covid-19 emergency. We also continue to adhere to the code of practice relating to infection control and prevention issued by the Dental Council.
In these unprededented times we have also further upgraded our controls and have added the following new measures in order to ensure the safety of our staff and our patients:
- Additional PPE (preventative protective equipment) for staff including N95 masks
- Introduction of social distancing measures (including limiting the number of patients on site at any one time)
- Increased use of hand sanitizer in waiting room for all patients
- Temperature checks for staff and patients
Dental clinics are listed as an essential service during all levels of restrictions under Section 15(i) of Human Health and Social Work Activities by the department of an Taoiseach. Even if the country is under Level 5 restrictions our clinics will remain open for all emergency and routine dental care.
Due to Covid-19 our patient journey has changed a little.
- When making an appointment you will be asked if you have any flu like symptoms, high
temperature and if you have been in contact with any confirmed Covid-19 cases
- On the day of the appointment call us to let us know when you’ve arrived in the car park. We then ask that you stay in the car until we contact you to come in
- There is now a maximum of 2 patients in our waiting area at any one time. 2 chairs at opposite ends of reception minimise any close contact
- Before entering the surgery a member of staff will check your temperature
- Card and contactless payments are being used where possible to minimise contact
- You will be asked to wear a mask and sanitise your hands upon arrival to the clinic and then again on departure
- Once you have departed the clinic we sterilise and disinfect all surgeries, door handles, surfaces, and card machine
Dr Bowe would like to reassure all our patients that your safety and the safety of our staff is his highest priority at Bowe Dental Clinics, therefore he has created 3 short videos to explain all the procedures that are now in place to keep everyone safe when visiting the clinics:
Dr Bowe would like to reassure all our patients that the safety of our patients and our staff is his highest priority at Bowe Dental Clinics
Dr Bowe explains why is is safe visit the dentist during the Covid-19 pandemic and standard infection control procedures
Dr Bowe explains the extra procedures that we have put in place at Bowe Dental Clinics in light of the Covid-19 Pandemic
If you need an appointment, wish to discuss your treatment or just need advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Roxboro Clinic (061) 608 186 or Foynes Clinic(069) 32001